RemoteVerify Version 4.320 – Release Notes.
This document details the changes in RemoteVerify Release V4.320
Liveness service provider
We have changed the ‘liveness’ service embedded in RemoteVerify.
The service now uses a market-leading liveness check from iProov. Authentication is now as simple as a glancing into the oval shape, while Iproov’s ‘Flashmark ‘technology flashes a sequence of colours. The user’s screen flashes for 2.5 seconds with the unique colour sequence. These illuminate and reflect off the user’s face and return a high resolution 3D map of the contours of the user’s face - proving the person is performing the check live.
This change has also incorporated the following:
· Changes to the instructions on the page prior to the liveness check. This includes a prompt to raise brightness level on device.
· Number of unsuccessful liveness checks before App will allow user to proceed has been cut from three to two.
· A ‘fall-back’ video capture if iProov liveness fails twice. In this video, the applicant is asked to speak their full name (as it appears on their ID) aloud. This is returned to NorthRow to allow organisations to manually review liveness where the automatic process was not conclusive.
· Rule 1646, which will be triggered if the iProov process fails twice for an applicant, now reads: “The RemoteVerify service liveness check was not conclusive. Please refer to media returned”
· Address capture within RemoteVerify can now be switched off as part of our premium ‘white-label’ service. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this option.
· Several pages within the RemoteVerify app have been re-sized to prevent requirement for scrolling on smaller devices
· This release also includes general maintenance and minor bug fixes. If you have any questions or comments on this or any other issue then please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01235 375 111 or send us an email to email@example.com